Metro East Home Vet Care has been providing modern, high-quality veterinary care for dogs and cats inside their own homes since 2012.
We are now pleased to offer a home-like setting in our Belleville veterinary clinic, located at 1601 N Belt West. We have many patients who can travel well, but dislike the stress of a traditional vet clinic. For patients who prefer to receive veterinary care away from home, our low stress clinic provides a calm, peaceful alternative. Exams are 30 minutes long and cost $60 per pet. (Click here for prices for typical preventative care).
Here’s how we are unlike any other veterinary practice:
- Our clinic has NO metal exam tables. Dogs and cats are treated in a home-like setting, just like a house call. We have couches, chairs, and do our fair share of crawling around on the floor. We go where the pet is most comfortable!
- Walls are painted in colors proven to be calming to dogs and cats (yes, they do see color!).
- Floors are not slick, and we provide rubber mats for dogs who need extra sure footing.
- Appointments are scheduled appropriately, eliminating time in a crowded waiting room. We do not see walk-ins or emergencies, giving us ample time to dedicate to YOUR pet.
- We play music that is scientifically proven to reduce fear and anxiety in dogs and cats.
- Pheromones to send a calming message are diffused throughout the clinic, specific to dogs and cats.
- Our staff is in the process of earning Low-Stress Handling Silver Certification. This training provides ways to safely handle animals by communicating what we want. No slamming them down, no choke holds, no violence.
While we make every effort to provide a calm and peaceful atmosphere, some animals simply will not allow any stranger to handle them under any circumstances. Despite every effort to provide care, we may not be able to perform a complete exam. Regardless, the full consultation and exam fee will be charged.